Casting Standards Committee
The ACTRA Montreal Casting Standards Committee is an ad–hoc committee whose members are appointed by the Montreal Branch Council. The Casting Standards Committee identifies, recommends, and assists in coordinating initiatives for the improvement of professionalism in the casting process, and reports on such initiatives to the Montreal Branch Council. The Casting Standards Committee initiatives shall further the goals and objectives of ACTRA, its Constitution, By-laws, and strategic plan. Initiatives shall promote:
- Awareness and understanding of ACTRA, its policies, objectives, and results;
- Awareness and understanding of ACTRA Member services;
- Community building among the ACTRA Montreal Membership.
On behalf of the Branch Council, the committee shall:
- Ensure the highest professional standards for ACTRA Montreal members;
- Increase the understanding of the casting process amongst stakeholders, casting directors, talent agents, and ACTRA Montreal;
- Create an open dialogue between stakeholders for the purpose of improving the casting process;
- Increase work opportunities for ACTRA Montreal members through the improvement of the casting process.
Approved by Branch Council: May 8, 2018.