Professional Voice Acting for Children & Teens
Is your child interested in being a voice actor? Enroll them in this professional voice acting workshop and jumpstart their career!
This workshop is 16 hours in total and is split into two groups of voice performers organized by age (children and teenagers). It teaches fundamental knowledge of the expected etiquette when working in a professional dubbing studio. In addition, workshop stakeholders will also learn how to interpret a text to develop a character, manipulate their voice to develop dynamic performance skills, as well as learn about techniques for using professional audio equipment.
- Total hours of the course: 16
- Total hours per class: 4
- Total days of the course: 4
- Groups: 2 groups of 8 students
- Cost per student: $100, plus applicable taxes
- Language of instruction: English
- Date: TBD – November 2023
- Learn the basic information and techniques for both animation and cinematic dubbing.
- Learn tricks that will help master movements, voice, and breathing.
- Learn the principles of dubbing.
- You must be an active ACTRA member.
- Between the age of 8 and 17 (inclusively) Note: For adults 18 years old and over, we offer a Dubbing Essentials workshop.
- Participants will be chosen based on their communication skills and passion for the performing arts. These young people will need to have experience and demonstrated talent in some of the following categories:
- Professional television or theatre production
- Student theatre
- Community Theatre
- School drama clubs
- Amateur dance
- Amateur digital arts
- Artistic sports (gymnastics, figure skating, etc.)
- Musical training
- Professional photograph
- CV, if applicable
- Letter of intent
- 2-minute self-tape
- Letter of recommendation
- Parental consent form
Register - Professional Voice Acting for Children & Teens
Please fill in all the required prompts. For assistance, contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Made possible with the help of our partners
Updated June 15, 2023