Are you interested in dubbing as a profession? Maybe you want to improve your existing skills. In these Dubbing masterclasses, you will learn the A-Z of dubbing from an industry veteran in just 12 hours!
The ACTRA Montreal Dubbing Essentials workshop is designed to provide adult actors (over 17 years old) with dubbing skills, such as the Rythmo Band technique, as well as introduce them to industry-standard concepts and etiquette rules when working in professional studios or recording spaces. Two of the three days of this workshop are spent in the Difuze studios in downtown Montreal.
On this page:
- Total hours of the course: 12
- Total hours per class: 4
- Total days of the course: 3
- Groups: 2 groups of 6 students
- Language of instruction: English
- Cost per student: $50 per student, plus applicable taxes
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates!
- Provide students with an understanding of how a dubbing recording works from the talent’s perspective.
- Teach students techniques for using a professional microphone as well as standards, procedures, and etiquette when working in a professional studio.
- Provide students with the opportunity to work with a highly experienced Dubbing Voice-Director and learn how to receive and interpret performance feedback.
- Provide students with the fundamental knowledge required to manipulate the Rythmo Band software as well as provide the time and resources to practice using it.
- You must be at least seventeen (17) years of age.
- You must an active ACTRA member.
- These classes will be taught and workshopped in English. Therefore, a strong command of the English language is required.
- You must be able to read English cursive.
- Preference is given to full members.
- Priority goes to performers who have never taken an ACTRA Dubbing Workshop in the past.
- Audio recorded letter of intent detailing voice-related/dubbing/acting experience (60 seconds maximum)
- Voice demo (show range, strong performance, creativity; 60 seconds maximum)
- Head Shot
Made Possible With the Help of Our Partners
Updated June 21, 2023