What roles are up for election?
There are 11 spots up for re-election on the Branch Council.
The Branch Council is a team of members elected to take responsibility for looking after the union and taking decisions on behalf of Montreal members between Annual General Meetings.
There are 4 officer roles on the council that include
These special roles are elected by the Branch Council team at their first meeting
- Vice President
Big Picture Responsibilities
- Represent the best interests of all Montreal members
- Provide direction and leadership on behalf of Montreal’s membership
- Protect the union’s interests
- Organize performers in Montreal
- Oversee the union’s finances
- Attend 1 monthly meeting with the team to review what’s going on and what needs to happen next.
- Participate in the business of Montreal’s Committees.
Term of office:
Members elected to the Branch Council serve terms of 2 years.
You won’t be in this alone!
An entire office of staff is here in Montreal to help you turn your vision into reality
To learn more about the Branch Council, have a look at our bylaws.