The Awards (Honours) Committee identifies, recommends, and assists in coordinating the ACTRA Awards in Montreal and reports on such initiatives to the Montreal Branch Council. The ACTRA Awards in Montreal shall further the goals and objectives of ACTRA, its Constitution, By-laws, and strategic plan. The initiatives shall promote:
- Recognition of talent in the ACTRA Membership;
- Recognition of quality in Montreal-based productions;
- Community building among the ACTRA Membership.
On behalf of the Branch Council, the Committee shall:
- Select, from among its membership, a Committee Chair;
- Develop and deliver the ACTRA Montreal Performance Awards and ACTRA Montreal Honours Gala in alternating years;
- Nominate ACTRA Life Members;
- Create sub-committees (Nomination Committee, Awards Jury, Sponsorship Committee, etc.) as needed, for the purposes of delivering the Awards event;
- Work in partnership with other branches of ACTRA in the encouragement and development of a National Awards program;
- Support other committees of ACTRA Montreal in the development and implementation of community-building initiatives;
- Work constructively with the ACTRA Montreal Public Relations Officer and other staff resources as assigned.
Approved by ACTRA Montreal Council June 19th, 2012. Revised: January 16, 2018.