Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Committee
The ACTRA Montreal Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Committee aims to raise the critical consciousness of our industry to be inclusive of all physically and culturally diverse members through identifying, recommending, and assisting in the coordination of initiatives and reporting on such initiatives to the Montreal Branch Council. DIC initiatives shall further the goals and objectives of ACTRA, its Constitution, By-laws, and Strategic plan. Initiatives shall promote:
- Awareness and understanding of ACTRA, its policies, objectives, and results;
- Awareness and understanding of ACTRA Member services;
- Community building among physically or culturally diverse members of ACTRA Montreal Membership.
On behalf of the Branch Council, the Committee shall:
- Select, from among its membership, a Committee Chair;
- Solicit additional Committee participation from ACTRA Montreal members-at-large;
- Liaise with physically or culturally diverse performers to help identify and articulate current challenges;
- Develop initiatives within ACTRA that directly support physically or culturally diverse performers in dealing with challenges;
- Liaise with industry personnel to raise awareness of ACTRA Montreal’s physically or culturally diverse performers, and promote hiring practices that are reflective of our social diversity;
- Embolden the community of physically or culturally diverse performers in ACTRA Montreal through networking, resource sharing, and promotion initiatives;
- Foster within ACTRA an environment that supports solidarity, mutual respect, cooperation, and understanding, free of harassment or discriminatory behavior on any basis;
- Work constructively with the ACTRA Montreal staff resources as assigned.
Approved by ACTRA Montreal Branch Council, June 14, 2016. Revised: January 14, 2020