Annual General Meeting
The ACTRA Montreal Annual General Meeting (AGM) is our marquee annual event and gala where all members are invited to a local venue to learn about how the branch performed throughout the year, celebrate accomplishments, recognize industry trailblazers, and socialize.
AGM 2023 – The Power of Solidarity
The 2023 ACTRA Montreal Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday, December 11, 2023, at the Centre Sheraton Hotel from 6:00 – 10:00 PM. This will be the first in-person AGM since 2019, so we’re very excited to see you! This year’s theme, “The Power of Solidarity,” will take a retrospective look at the past 80 years of ACTRA and celebrate the power of our collective voice and the milestones we’ve achieved locally, and nationally.
Looking to the future, the AGM will also feature talks from invited guests, ACTRA staff, and ACTRA executive councillors on themes of the AI revolution in the context of the Canadian audiovisual industry, ACTRA National’s new strategic plan, and the Quebec film & television industry.
- 6:00 – 6:45 PM – Guests arrive in the foyer for a coffee & tea reception.
- 6:45 – 7:00 PM – Guests make their way into the grand ballroom and take their seats.
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM – Presentation of the year in review begins. Talks from the ACTRA Montreal President, ACTRA National President & Executive Director, invited guests, and the ACTRA Montreal Branch Manager.
- 8:00 – 9:00 PM – Light foods and drinks served.
- 9:00 – 10:00 PM – Social mixer and after-party in the foyer.
Venue, accessibility, and services
The 2023 AGM will take place in person at the Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel located at 1201 Boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, Montreal, QC.
- The Centre Sheraton hotel, ballroom, and foyer are all accessible by wheelchair.
- A coat-check service will be provided.
- On-site childcare services will be provided to members at no cost.
- All guests will receive two (2) drink tickets.
- Vegan options will be available.
Attend the Event
ACTRA Montreal would like to acknowledge that we are located on unceded indigenous lands.
ACTRA fosters an environment that supports solidarity based on the principle that all union members are equal. Mutual respect, cooperation, and understanding are our goals.
Updated: June 2, 2023