Don’t have enough material for a demo reel? A SHOWREEL is a professionally directed, filmed and edited collection of scenes specifically chosen to showcase your talent.
Over the course of this two day workshop, you will be working with a team of professionals (casting director, film director, video producer and experienced reader) in a professional studio to create a finished marketing tool that can help you take control of your career.
A Showreel may help you:
- land new representation
- introduce yourself to a casting director
- perform material outside your perceived range
What you get:
- Coaching from a Montreal casting director
- Direction from an experienced film director
- The raw footage from your session
- The opportunity to learn even more by observing, via a non-intrusive video feed, as your fellow participants workshop their material
- A professionally edited 3 minute Showreel with up to 2 scenes of your choosing
- Guidance on how to best use your Showreel to get yourself noticed
- Dates – February 18 & 19, 2017, plus one evening (tbd)
- Cost – $175 (plus taxes), thanks to a $625 subsidy from Emploi Quebec!
- Space – 12 participants
- Location – NiteVision Productions, 3591 Girouard Ave
Your team of professionals:
As a partner in Kenyon/Wells Casting, Randi Wells has spent 23 years casting projects such as Death Wish, This Life and both Montreal-made X-Men films. A member of the Casting Directors Society of Canada, Randi is a winner of the Canadian Screen Award – Best Achievement in Casting for her work on the episode “School” from the series 19-2.
Alana Cymerman is a writer and director based in Montreal. A participant in the Women in the Director’s Chair Program, the Toronto Film Festival’s Talent Lab, and Telefilm’s Feature It Program, Alana’s filmography includes the award winning When Erma Made Herman, Room Tones, An Unremarkable Question and the CBC television series Women Warrior.
Robert Wilson is the owner of NiteVision Productions in NDG. His years of experience on stage productions, technical sound and filming around North America, and working with one of the most reputable casting offices has provided him with unparalleled expertise in his field. The studio at NiteVision offers state of the art equipment and provides the best lighting and sound for self-tape auditions and demo reels.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN JANUARY 25th, 2017.
Participants will be selected by a committee, in a manner which faithfully reflects the diversity and range of ACTRA Montreal’s membership.
Please note: Participants will be responsible for providing their own scene(s); material will not be provided by the workshop leaders. Participants may use up to 2 scenes with a total finished run time of not more than 3 minutes. Your professionally edited Showreel will contain your scene(s) and contact information of your choosing; no other media content will be included in your Showreel.
Should you require more information, please contact Randy at email@example.com.